Ask our US Senators to sign the Dear Colleague Letter to support the Jacob K. Javits Gifted and Talented Students Education Program
Urgent Call to Action
THE DEADLINE TO COLLECT SIGNATURES IS
TUESDAY, JUNE 22. 2021.
Senator Mark Kelly- 202-224-2235 Email form found here: https://www.kelly.senate.gov/
Senator Kyrsten Sinema- 202-224-2235 Email form found here: https://www.sinema.senate.gov/contact-kyrsten
How do I email asking our Senators to sign?
We like this messaging:
Dear Senator (Kelly | Sinema)
I am (your name) and I live in (your city in AZ). Please support the Jacob K. Javits Gifted and Talented Students Education Program by signing the Dear Colleague Letter in either Senator Chuck Grassley’s office or Senator Corey Booker’s office before Tuesday, June 22, 2021.
The Javits Grant is the only Federally funded program targeted to support Gifted and Talented Education. It is critical to fund the Javits Grant at $32 million to support the work of states, districts, and schools to help gifted and talented children, especially the most vulnerable as they strive to reach their full potential.
This is important to me because (a short explanation of your reason, you have a gifted child, you see the lack of opportunities for gifted students, you are concerned about how gifted students will not be prepared to enter a highly skilled workforce in the state in the future…)
Thank you for your attention to this very important and urgent issue.
(Your name again)
What are my talking points if I call?
- I’m calling to ask for Senator (Kelly | Sinema)’s support for the Jacob K. Javits Gifted and Talented Students Education Program.
- The Jacob K. Javits Gifted and Talented Students Education Program is the only dedicated source of Federal support for gifted and talented children.
- Funding from the Javits grant goes towards demonstration programs designed to identify and serve high-ability students from historically underserved populations.
- Sen. Chuck Grassley and Sen. Corey Booker are leading a bipartisan “Dear Colleague” letter in support of the Jacob K. Javits Gifted and Talented Students Education Program.
Signatures are being collected on the “Dear Colleague” letter through next Tuesday, June 22.
- I would like to please ask that Senator (Kelly | Sinema) support the Jacob K. Javits Gifted and Talented Students Education Program by adding their name as a co-signatory to the “Dear Colleague” letter.
- Sen. Grassley’s office and Sen. Booker’s office are collecting the names for co-signatures on the letter.