This year, AAGT saw over 400 teachers and gifted program administrators at our 2023 Annual…
AAGT’s 2021 Hybrid Parent Institute was a well-received, highly rated event! AAGT was so excited to offer a hybrid option so that we can join together safely in persona and offer a virtual option to expand our reach across the state!
The day included three panel discussion, two student keynote speakers and five GifTED talks. Please visit our event page to see a summary of speakers!
We will continue to work towards improving our Parent Institute year after year with the feedback from our attendees, we just hope that you continue to help us promote this wonderful event to parents across the state and continue the growth. Hope we see you next year!
I really liked all the presentations and the information regarding social-emotional needs for gifted students. I also liked hearing from the students and former students about their experiences. It was a long day, but it didn’t feel like it. I’m trying to figure out how to share what I learned with the appropriate people at our schools so that we can improve what we offer. We’re still trying to build a meaningful gifted program at our school. I am excited to see what other schools are able to do. Thanks to all who worked so hard to put this day together, and for offering options on how to attend. It just keeps getting better!
I loved the experiences shared in all recordings. It educated me a lot about gifted students as a parent and a teacher.
Our household is forever changed after attending the institute!! We needed this years ago! My biggest takeaway is to stop nagging my son to sot at the table! My husband’s take away is to encourage activity, to help our son learn something new every day!
Gifted students think differently. Thank you for providing this description of these students.
Special thank you to our Business Sponsors:
- Bright Child Books
- Cindy Brown Family Mindset Coach
- Elevate Counseling
- Genius Coaching
- Girls Mentorship
- Meza Hardscapes
- Scottsdale Unified School District
- Paradise Valley Unified School District
Special thank you to our KidZone Sponsors & Providers:
- ColorMe ArtSpa: Debra Murrow spent the day teaching the kids why is it imperative that we learn to draw and draw well. Visit our photo gallery below to see the final result of the art project of the day!
- Lindy Adams – Laveen Elementary School: Lindy took our kiddos outside for some fun Yoga for Kids
- Addie Rausch – Life Coach for Teens and Tweens: Addie had an engaging segment where she showed the kids how to Communicate with Facial & Body Language
- Alison Sorensen is a Music Learning and Teaching PhD student and she brought an array of instruments and talked about music & Rhythm
- Francine Sumner – Kid in the Corner: Did a penny pledge and painted kindness rocks
- Rowe Van Meter – Washington Elementary School District: Played a fun game of Snake Oil!
- Junior League of Phoenix: provided kits to build rockets and make a healthy snack!
Don’t forget – You Can Still Watch the Recordings!
You can still purchase access to the Parent Institute 2022 Portal and watch the recorded sessions, find resources for your family with our sponsors and KidZone providers, and build a gifted and talented community!
Your Registration Includes:
- Access to recordings of all panel discussions, student keynotes and GifTED Talks for six months
- Resources from sponsors, ability to connect one on one with speakers, information on fun Kid Activities!
- Six hours of professional development available for educators