network Concerned about the needs of gifted children?
Affiliate GroupsAAGT is proud to assist local groups in forming, operating effectively, and contributing to this important network.
What are the benefits of an AAGT Affiliation?
- Federal 501(c)(3) tax-exempt status pursuant to AAGT’s group exemption letter from the IRS (you’ll need to request your own tax ID number—instructions found in this Handbook).
- Use of AAGT website to create a link your own group’s webpage.
- Receipt of the Affiliate Chapter Handbook, with useful tips on groups and advocacy.
- Access to the periodic “E-News” for all affiliate members who are also members of AAGT
- Up to four discounted registrations for a state or regional AAGT conference. Contact the AAGT office manager for details.
- Reserved places at the Affiliates Roundtable Discussion during the annual AAGT conference.
- Discounts from AAGT vendors and publishers when available.
- Participation in the state-wide network of the gifted community, which includes parents, educators and other professionals, businesses, and government.
AAGT will assist in securing one speaker per year from a list of qualified individuals in the state.
- Consultation with experts from the AAGT Board of Directors regarding operation of your group.
- Notification of upcoming events and opportunities in gifted education.
- Affiliate chapter individual members who also join AAGT at the regular individual membership rate earn a $5 rebate back to your affiliate chapter.
- Discounted NAGC (National Association for Gifted Children) individual memberships (first year only) for each affiliate member. Contact email@example.com.
- A place at the table—your voice will impact local and state AAGT policy. Affiliate chapters may be represented at regularly scheduled board meetings.
- Advocacy alerts from AAGT and NAGC.
- Rights to reprint articles from AAGT E-News as well as most articles from the AAGT website in affiliate newsletters and publications without specific permission, but with proper citation. (For other articles, please check with each author for permission and credit requirements to avoid violating copyright laws.)